function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
withoutmewithoutme 

Web 2 case questions

Couple of questions regarding web 2 case

1. Do web 2 case forms support populating lookup fields? If not, what is the workaround?

2. Can web 2 case forms on submission, "update" an existing record instead of inserting? I guess this can be done using a trigger which query's all cases - finds a match - updates. Is this possible? Any other way?

3. For above, can I pass record ID to the web2case form using a link(with hidden field in the form for the record ID), this way I don't have to query ?

Thanks you for any help. 

werewolfwerewolf

Bear in mind that Web To Case is nothing more than a flat HTML form that is posted to Salesforce.com.  It is not backed by data -- it's just a simple form that you fill in and post.

What you seem to be looking for is a databound form.  This sounds like a job for either the Customer Portal or (if you want users to authenticate themselves prior to submitting a case) or a custom Web To Case form built on Sites (if you want people submitting cases to be unauthenticated).

withoutmewithoutme
I understand. But my client does not want to use customer portal or SSP. I'm stuck with using web 2 case. Is it possible?
werewolfwerewolf
No, Web To Case doesn't work that way.  You'll want to explore the custom Web To Case with Sites then.  It's pretty easy to do.
withoutmewithoutme
Is sites available for everyone? I thought it was only available for DE orgs?
werewolfwerewolf
It will be available in regular orgs as of Summer '09.