function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JoannaAtMaritzJoannaAtMaritz 

Exporting Picklist Values

Hi,

My company has just purchased SFC, and we're currently working on integrating SFC with our internal system (specifically Opportunity data).  We're having trouble with consistency between our picklist values (on custom fields on the Opportunity object) and the descriptions in our internal system.

We're hoping that there's a way to export the picklist values for the fields on the Opportunity object, perhaps through the Apex Data Loader somehow?  That way it would make for easy comparison with our internal system's data.  Right now, the only option that we know of is to go into the Setup/Customize/Opportunities/Fields and then click into each picklist field to see the values.  We're hoping that there's a better way, though.

Thanks so much.

Joanna

WhatWhat

Joanna,

I feel your pain.  When I have large picklists, I go to the detail page for the field and then select "Printable View".  I then highlight the list, copy and paste into Excel.  I can run comparisons in Excel against other lists for consistency.

Saurabh Gupta 3406Saurabh Gupta 3406
Hello,

I would like to recommend an appexchange application that can help you to export picklist values (Label & API name) for multiple “Picklist or Multi-Pick-list” fields or Global Value Set in Salesforce in few clicks.
Checkout its blog- https://bofc.io/manage-picklist-or-global-valueset/how-to-export-picklist-values-label-api-name-for-multiple-picklist-or-multi-picklist-fields-or-global-value-set-in-salesforce-in-few-clicks