function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FrankFFrankF 

Force.com IDE oddity

I'm trying to deploy some stuff from my Enterprise Sandbox (developer sandbox not full copy) to my DE account so that I can do some even more isolated development but the deployment dialog tells me that my custom objects are not deployable.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I've tried it on a couple of different machines with the same result.

I'm running Eclipse Europa 3.3.2 with the latest force.com ide on Windows XP.

Here's a screen shot my of deployment.

Thanks much,

Frank

JonPJonP

Frank,

We're looking into this issue.  Is there any additional information you think might be relevant?  Can you successfully deploy a single component (for example, Batch_Script_Processor__c by itself), rather than the whole set?

Thanks,

Jon

salesforce.com Product Manager

FrankFFrankF

Thanks for the quick response JonP,

I cannot deploy anything that is in grey with the action of "No Action". I've tried creating a shell of the custom object with the same name in the DE env but it still gives me the same error.

My DE environment is under francis_fang@yahoo.com [edit to remove as necessary].

FrankFFrankF

I also happen to be in the SFDC San Mateo ofc (in Hanu Kai) in a class if someone wants to see it.

I've shown it to cbarry.

JonPJonP

Frank,

By any chance does your Force.com project include items that are inside an unfiled public folder (e.g. Unfiled Public Reports)?  The folder name in the IDE/Metadata API is "unfiled$public".

Thanks,

Jon

FrankFFrankF

Yep! It does. I take I have to either remove those items or move them someplace else and then try again?

Thanks Jon.

JonPJonP

There appears to be a bug in the Deploy to Server wizard causing most or all components to be marked "No Action" when any unfiled$public items are included.  We're working on a fix in the Force.com IDE for Summer '09 (coming very soon) which will allow unfiled$public items to be deployed.

In the meantime, best just to leave public$unfiled folders out of your projects entirely in the Force.com IDE for Spring '09 (15.0.x).

Jon

GoForceGoGoForceGo

I am running into same issue. I deleted unfiled public folder from the project, but it made no difference.

IDE 16.

GoForceGoGoForceGo

Email templates seem to be the culprit. I was trying to deploy a visualforce e-mail template as well.

Instead of starting at top of the project (src directory), I manually selected the sub-folders (classes, pages, layouts, static resource etc), excluding the email templates and it let me deploy them. I then just manually created email templates by logging into SFDC.