function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bhaskarsanandbhaskarsanand 

How to Host .Net Application into Salesforce

Hello Guys,

I am new to salesforce. I tried to create some custom object and application by using the options (Apex and other type options) provided by salesforce. 

But I like to know how to host my application which was already developed in .Net ?

Applications are of Web and/or Win based. I like to know how to Host the Web Application which was developed by ASP.Net.

Can anybody plese help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Bhaskar

shillyershillyer

Hi Bhaskar,

The Force.com platform (provided by salesforce.com) is not a hosting environment. It's a complete cloud infrastructure and platform allowing you to develop enterprise software-as-a-service apps. With Force.com, you have the infrastructure to run your app as well as the technology platform to create the data model, business logic, user interface and much more.

With that said, .NET doesn't run on Force.com, you build complete apps on Force.com. However, you can integrate .NET apps with Force.com using our Web Services API, more details can be found here.

If you don't want to host this app, I recommend exploring more of the Force.com platform. You can sign up for a free Developer Edition. This way you can understand how the platform works and see if it make sense to build your app on Force.com. Coming from .NET, you'll be amazed how fast you can develop on Force.com and how much you get for free.

This tutorial is a great starting point to understand how to build on Force.com.

Hope that helps,

Sati
bhaskarsanandbhaskarsanand

Hi Sati,

Thanks for the Information.

I am looking on the Integration side of .Net application. We have already working on the .Net application, which is already Live. I like to know how we can able to Utilize the Salesforce with our Apps.

I know salesforce will give us good features to develop the software as a Service. But how to Utilize already developed apps. also the apps are interact with the Oracle DB for backend operations.

please elaborate on this.

Thanks,

Bhaskar 

shillyershillyer

This article discusses the various ways to integrate with Force.com, allowing you to extend Salesforce apps.

Hope that helps,

Sati