function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DDayDDay 

When was the s-control deprecation announced?

Hello,

I've inherited a project that uses some custom S-Controls. When I log into my dev account and click S-Controls the following message is displayed:

"S-controls have been superseded by Visualforce pages. Salesforce will, sometime after January 2010, remove the ability to create and distribute new s-controls. Existing s-controls will be unaffected."

Can anyone tell me when this announcement was originally made? The project I'm working on isn't that old so I'm curious to know why the previous dev used S-Controls if they were being deprecated.

Thanks,

Dan 

KingsleyKingsley
It was announced in the last release. Fear not though - the AJAX toolkit is still supported, so you should be able to migrate them all to Visualforce quite easily.
DDayDDay

Hi Kingsley,

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know a date of the last release, I can't find it anywhere. I was just curious since the code was written recently and the previous dev charged a lot of money for it. If they knew the s-controls were being deprecated I'm wondering why they would have continued to use them.

Thanks,

Dan