function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NPMNPM 

Community Site Errors with IE7 - Please fix

THere are display errors on the CRM Community site that have been verified by Support - who says they do not control that site and I should post the issue here.  Please see below Case 02695306: and also:

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=discuss&thread.id=9359

Can someone fix this please?  It is hard to use the site as is.

6/5/2009 12:48 PM | Robert Montford
Thank you for your response. I was just able to test this out one on of our machines here, both in IE7 and in Firefox. The page shows the same as the screenshots provided, when using IE7. When using Firefox, it is formatted properly. This must be a coding or .css issue on the page.

As we do not actually control that site, your best bet at this point would be to mention this on the boards there. You may also want to post the same thing at salesforce.com/developer on the Discussion Boards tab.

6/5/2009 12:07 PM | Neal Mengel
Oh- and the settings I went through were the ones outlined in Janet's email (the second one on the related list tasks.)

One of our developers has Chrome installed. ONce they get finshed with somethingthey are doing I will try with Chrome on their machine and post the results here.
 6/5/2009 11:55 AM | Neal Mengel
*.salesforce.com is and has been in my list of trusted sites.
I have used my computer at work (IE7) and my computer at home (IE7) - the same issue exists both places. I have no other browser I can use at work. I'm doubting it is my browser issue.
 6/5/2009 10:22 AM | Robert Montford
Thank you for your response, and your patience. It was not indicated on the case, but were the settings you went through our optimum browser settings for Internet Explorer? One thing to double-check would be to make sure all of Salesforce(*.salesforce.com) is added to your list of Trusted Sites. If you're still not displaying the Community pages correctly, there are a couple things I would like you to try. One would be to try a different browser (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc..) to see if the same page loads correctly or not. Another thing to try would be to use another computer to view the same page. If you can try these, and let me know the results, that will help us narrow down where is issue is.

If you have any questions regarding this case, feel free to email me back at rmontford@salesforce.com and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
 6/5/2009 10:09 AM | Neal Mengel
Any progress update on this?
 6/2/2009 7:09 PM | Robert Montford
Thank you for contacting Salesforce Premier support. I have taken ownership of your case and will be working on it from here.

If you have any questions regarding this case in the meantime, feel free to email me back at rmontford@salesforce.com and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
 6/2/2009 8:39 AM | Janet Tyler
From: Fund Salesforce Admin <salesforce.fund.admin@gmail.com>
To: Janet Tyler <janet.tyler@salesforce.com>
cc:
bcc:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 11:35AM
Subject: Re: Case 02695306: I am looking at a community page. [ ref:00D062.50036MkbF:ref ]

Hi Janet -

I went through all the suggested settings and made sure they are set as indicated. Closed and restarted the browser and got the same page display issue.

Attached are 3 screen shots that illlustrate the issues.

Related Attachments
 Attachment Name Size Last Modified
 3.bmp 739KB 6/2/2009 8:42 AM
 2.bmp 739KB 6/2/2009 8:41 AM
 1.bmp 729KB 6/2/2009 8:41 AM