function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ABalaABala 

Tricky 'Activities' related question ..

Folks,

I have a tricky situation at hand ...

I need to configure my settings on my org. in such a way that :

1. A task related to an account (ACC A) and assigned to a user(say user A) can be edited by anyother user(say user B) who has Read-write access to that account(ACC A). Here users A & B are on the same role(not part of any role hierarchy). Rightnow user B gets an error message 'Insufficient privilege' if he tries to edit the task created using above step.

I am confused as to how we can make this work using sharing rules. My current sharing setting for Activities object is 'Controlled by Parent'. Most importantly I have set off the 'Modify All Data' option on user B's profile as I cannot allow user B to edit data on all objects. And if I set on 'Modify All Data' to true, it works. But my business req. doesn't support that.

Anyone faced with this kind of requirement earlier ? Your advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Arun B

Arun BalaArun Bala

Hello folks,

Any hints to me on this issue ??? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Arun B

SteveBowerSteveBower

If, for any specific Account A there is a *specific* user B whom you want to enable, you can create "shares" for users through Apex.  So, you may be able to write a Trigger on the Account which checks for whatever the criteria are to determine the user - B, and creates a share for that user.

If you mean B to be a set of users, then I think you'd need to create a share for each one which could be tedious and might mean that you should rethink your security profiles / roles.

Best, Steve.