function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
andyMTandyMT 

Man I got Questions.

So I work for a software consultant company. I've been tasked with figuring out how this salesforce stuff. If I develop an app how do I get paid?

Do people who use my app have to have a salesforce acount?

Is there a person who I can talk to about any of this?

thanks for any help.

werewolfwerewolf

So I work for a software consultant company. I've been tasked with figuring out how this salesforce stuff. If I develop an app how do I get paid?

You can make it a paid consulting engagement, sell an addon to Salesforce.com as a product with a one-time fee, or sell that product with a recurring fee (say, per user per month).

Do people who use my app have to have a salesforce acount?

Yes.

Is there a person who I can talk to about any of this?

You should apply to become a partner on this page.

andyMTandyMT

Thank you for answering, I've had a bit of a tough time getting answers. I had another question,

If I sell an app does sales force handle the transaction then sends me my cut or do i have to handle the whole thing?

AishAish
Depends on what kind of app it is. If it is a composite app on an existing Salesforce customer, you'll handle all your billing withe customer directly. This application will help you see your user installs and manage the install base for your application. If your application is entirely natively on Force.com platform nothing to do with Salesforce CRM, you can buy an inventory of Force.com seats and then resell the platform seats with your application directly to your end customer with your own price point. You can find more information about either here. Either way, Salesforce.com does not get involved with the billing transaction between an ISV and the ISV's end customer.
Message Edited by Aish on 06-10-2009 11:30 AM
Message Edited by Aish on 06-10-2009 11:31 AM