+ Start a Discussion
Big EarsBig Ears 

Opportunity Product schedule reports - Schedule Quantity & Schedule Amount on seperate rows

I was wondering if anybody has found this issue?

 

I'm finding that, unless each individual Opportunity Product is edited and re-saved, they show up in reports on two seperate lines, one row for the Schedule Amount (with Schedule Quantity zeroed) and vice versa.

 

This is causing a headache for the finance team, who're using reports from Salesforce.

 

Andy

Best Answer chosen by Big Ears
Big EarsBig Ears
Glad to see that this is still an issue 8 years later!

I recall having a long conversation with Salesforce about it only to be told that this was the behaviour "by design", so there was nothing you could do about it. There were two solutions that I found, neither great:
  1. If recall that if you click into and re-save the Opportunity Product line items, they will save the schedule items correctly (as in my original post)
  2. Using a trigger/apex to manually re-sync the items. I re-call that I had to make the code store amounts/dates of all of the dates/amounts, delete the existing schedules and then re-create them with the amounts and values on the same schedule.

So, I suppose the answer to my original question is "You're not the only one. This issue is by design." Unfortunately, it's not a great answer!

All Answers

Mike BrideauxMike Brideaux
Andy, I am seeing the same issue. Your question is the only post I could find on the topic. Did you ever solve this?
Mike
Big EarsBig Ears
Glad to see that this is still an issue 8 years later!

I recall having a long conversation with Salesforce about it only to be told that this was the behaviour "by design", so there was nothing you could do about it. There were two solutions that I found, neither great:
  1. If recall that if you click into and re-save the Opportunity Product line items, they will save the schedule items correctly (as in my original post)
  2. Using a trigger/apex to manually re-sync the items. I re-call that I had to make the code store amounts/dates of all of the dates/amounts, delete the existing schedules and then re-create them with the amounts and values on the same schedule.

So, I suppose the answer to my original question is "You're not the only one. This issue is by design." Unfortunately, it's not a great answer!
This was selected as the best answer
Mike BrideauxMike Brideaux
Andy, I found the same thing about point 1. If I edit and re-save, everything in the report looks ok. I guess I will need to create some process to automatically edit every schedule so that my report is less confusing. Thanks so much for replying! Mike