function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JmBessonartJmBessonart 

Google Map Problem: empty alert and the map don't show up

Hi,

I have a google map implement into my application. This monday i've entered to the page that have the google map include, but it show me a empty alert and the map don't show up!!.

I figure out that if you comment the "if (GBrowserIsCompatible()) {" check, the map show up, but the empty alert stilll showing...

This can be cause by the new salesforce release??

Any idea that what cause the problem??

Thanks 

J.

wesnoltewesnolte

Hey

It's probably because Google changed the structure of JSON strings used by their dataTable api. I had the same issue as this guy: http://groups.google.com/group/google-visualization-api/browse_thread/thread/13f9b302e402d13e .

Look up the new api on google. Search for datatable.

Cheers,

Wes

JmBessonartJmBessonart

Thanks for the quick response.

My code is this:

function initializeGoogleMap() { //if (GBrowserIsCompatible()) { var map = new GMap2(document.getElementById("GoogleMapHolder")); map.addControl(new GLargeMapControl()); map.addControl(new GMapTypeControl()); var geocoder = new GClientGeocoder(); var address = '{!mapAddress}'; if (address != '') { geocoder.getLatLng( address, function(point) { if (point){ map.setCenter(point, 13); var marker = new GMarker(point); map.addOverlay(marker); } } ); } //} }

I've checked the api refence, and no one of the method that i use changed....

ideas??

Thanks

J.

wesnoltewesnolte

Ah, sorry.. I thought you were making your calls server side. Haven't worked with maps clientside for some time.

Good Luck,

Wes