function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MPIYoriMPIYori 

Case Response Default E-Mail Template with URL Hack: Solution Attachments blank

Has anyone else had this issue or knows how this might be done? I'm trying to create a respond to case template, very basic stuff, where it includes some formalities and the body of the solution attached to a case. The problem is often our solutions include examples in the form of attachments, as far as I've seen even with using visualforce it is not possible to create an E-Mail template that transfers the solution attachments into the attachments section of the outgoing e-mail.

Any help/ideas would be much appreciated. I'll be adding it to the IdeaExchange soon if this isn't possible. 

Message Edited by MPIYori on 06-12-2009 11:29 AM
Message Edited by MPIYori on 06-12-2009 11:30 AM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
MPIYoriMPIYori

Okay. Found it.

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=general_development&thread.id=20233&view=by_date_ascending&page=2

8th post down

My code needs to have &new_template=1 added to it, then it works. Weird. *shrug* 

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf
There actually is a merge field for solution attachments: {!Case.Solution_Attachments}
MPIYoriMPIYori

Ahh... I think I've figured it out.

As an ease of use feature, I created a custom button for our cases called "Respond with Solution" that creates a new e-mail and automatically selects the respond with solution template. It appears that doing this somehow circumvents the process of transferring attachments.

When I use the "Select Template" button and select the template manually the attachments transfer over correctly. 

Anyone have this issue before or know how I'd be able to still keep the convenience of the respond with solution button and still have it transfer attachments?

location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/{!Case.Id}&p3_lkid={!Case.Id}&rtype=003&p26=blah@blah.com&p5=blah_@blah.com&p2_lkid={!Case.ContactId}&template_id=00X40000000oK00');

Message Edited by MPIYori on 06-12-2009 11:29 AM
MPIYoriMPIYori

Okay. Found it.

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=general_development&thread.id=20233&view=by_date_ascending&page=2

8th post down

My code needs to have &new_template=1 added to it, then it works. Weird. *shrug* 

This was selected as the best answer