function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sundalesundale 

View filter on more than 1 object?

Is it true that SFDC does not allow View Filters to be defined on fields from more than 1 object? 

For example, I have a custom object (Reservation) that is a child object in a Master/Detail relationship with the standard object Account.  Using the standard Account view, I could filter Reservation rows based on any of the Reservation field, but not any Account fields. 

What I want to do is create a custom view that would show all reservations for today for premiere customers.  But I can't find a way to include the Account.CustomerStatus__c in the filter logic.   In short, I want to filter rows of a custom object somewhat like dependant fields for lookups do at the field level.

Is there any way to do this, short of coding up a Visualforce page from scratch?

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Yes you can probably try using the route of Formula fields and define a formula field in reservation which will bring the status of the Account on the reservation object.

Now you can create a view in reservation object and put filter on the the new formula field thus created.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.