function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
crocodilecrocodile 

Force Platform object cannot be the master in one relationship and detail in other relationship...?

Hi all,

In the 53 page of Force.com Developer pdf, there is a statement: 

"A Force Platform object cannot be the master in one relationship and the detail in another relationship."  But I can able to create an Object which is master in one relationship and detail in other relationship. 
Can any one plz solve the confusion?
Thx in advance,
VNath

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
PlatformPosterPlatformPoster

Hi VNath,

This text is from an outdated developer guide that we are currently removing from the developerforce website. Apologies for the confusion. The latest material can be found in the Force.com Fundamentals Guide and the Force.com workbooks. I hope that helps!

Sue

All Answers

Nick34536345Nick34536345

Yeah they added this feature (for chaining master-details relationships) a few releases back, is it an old PDF?

crocodilecrocodile

Thanx Nicky. Recently i downloaded from SFDC site.

-VNath

Hi VNath, can you provide the specific name of or link to the guide you found this statement in so I can look into it further?  Thanks!

Hi VNath,

This text is from an outdated developer guide that we are currently removing from the developerforce website. Apologies for the confusion. The latest material can be found in the Force.com Fundamentals Guide and the Force.com workbooks. I hope that helps!

Sue

This was selected as the best answer