function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
thanushka_gunasekarathanushka_gunasekara 

Need help on sending emails

Hi All,

I have an employee object and it contains a field containing email address. I need to send emails to employees to the email address defined in each employee object instance. Can I do this task using the functionality available in the default application or do I need to code it?

Would be grateful if you are able to help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Thanushka.

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

You can do it by using workflow or trigger. Workflow is best way to accomplish this task, since workflow is standard functionality of salesforce and trigger requires coding.

thanushka_gunasekarathanushka_gunasekara

Hi Pardeep,

Thanks for replying. But I feel like you didn't get what I said. The scenario is like this. Suppose I want to send a mail to a pertiqulor set of employess. How can I do that. And the email address of each employee is in the email property of the employees object.

Thanks.

Thanushka

Steve RichardsonSteve Richardson

I don't beleive you can use an email address field from a custom object in the recipient field of an Email Alert within a Workflow. I believe Email Alerts will only work with standard objects (Account, Contact, Case, Contract, etc.).

If the  Employee object is a custom object, I think you will have to write an Apex trigger to use the Email field from the custom object as the email recipient.