function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jkinardjkinard 

Need to create validation rule that does not allow closing task if check box is checked

I need to create a validation rules for a task that will not allow anyone to close the task if the check box "Follow-Up" is checked.  I could not find any examples on the support page for validation rules with an example for this.  Can anyone let me know how I can set this up?

BA_AdminBA_Admin

It should be something like this

Follow-Up = True

if the Follow-Up is true then it throws the error saying that you cannot close the task

jkinardjkinard

where do I put this argument?

BA_AdminBA_Admin

In the task validation rule

jkinardjkinard

right, I understand this, but there is nothing here to indicate what we want this rule to apply to.  I need the check box to only regulate closing cases.  so how do I link this statement to the act of closing the case?

jkinardjkinard

Any advice on this?

BA_AdminBA_Admin

It's quite easy i just implemented it, just go to task validation ruleand in formula wirte this

follow_up = true then save it

now to test it go to any task and select the checkbox follow up and try to save it, you get the error

Lucy YuanLucy Yuan

my feeling you just need validation rule like below.

Error condition formula:

Follow_up__c = true && Text (Status) = 'Completed'  /* completed is closed status. whatever your closed status , you can change the condition.    */