function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DannyK89DannyK89 

Change Sets

OK so I am working in my companies sandbox and I want to Create a Change set. It tells me that I need a deployment connection. However when I look at my sandboxes deployment connection it says that i can't upload from the sandbox to the production environment or vice versa. When I try to change that I can only change the allow inbound changes check box. The allow outbound changes check box is unavailable. I would like to know what I can do about that. 

Thanks for your time. 

Dan. 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SwarnasankhaSwarnasankha

Danny - in this case, you will need to allow the Production Environment to accept the Outbound Change Sets that you plan to push from the Sandbox environment.

Try the following steps:

1. Login to your Production instance and navigate to the Deployment Connections section
  2. In the list of Deployment Connections, you will find the name of the Sandbox from which you wish to push the change set.
  3. Click on the Edit button next to the Sandbox name
  4. On the edit screen, check the checkbox named 'Allow Inbound Changes' and click Save
  5. You will be redirected back to the list of Deployment Connections and if you check the image under the Upload Authorization Direction column as a Green Arrow.

Once you are done with the above steps, you will get the option to choose the Production instance when attempting to Upload a change set.

If you wish to push a change set from the Production instance to the Sandbox instance, perform the same steps in the Sandbox instance and you will find the option to choose the Sandbox instance when attempting to Upload a change set from Production.

All Answers

BA_AdminBA_Admin

With the change sets you can move the data from Sandbox to Production but not from production to sandbox, just go to outbound change set , establish the connection with prod, click on add and then start adding the data that you want to move to prod

SwarnasankhaSwarnasankha

Danny - in this case, you will need to allow the Production Environment to accept the Outbound Change Sets that you plan to push from the Sandbox environment.

Try the following steps:

1. Login to your Production instance and navigate to the Deployment Connections section
  2. In the list of Deployment Connections, you will find the name of the Sandbox from which you wish to push the change set.
  3. Click on the Edit button next to the Sandbox name
  4. On the edit screen, check the checkbox named 'Allow Inbound Changes' and click Save
  5. You will be redirected back to the list of Deployment Connections and if you check the image under the Upload Authorization Direction column as a Green Arrow.

Once you are done with the above steps, you will get the option to choose the Production instance when attempting to Upload a change set.

If you wish to push a change set from the Production instance to the Sandbox instance, perform the same steps in the Sandbox instance and you will find the option to choose the Sandbox instance when attempting to Upload a change set from Production.

This was selected as the best answer