function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
StrangeRoutinesStrangeRoutines 

Usefulness of IDE

I've been fiddling with the IDE and there is something I don't understand. I don't see any way to conveniently execute a VisualForce page from within the IDE. If one is actively developing some relatively complex pages with relatively complex controllers behind them, it would seem that you should be able to edit the controller, maybe edit the page, and run it.

Instead, with the IDE, it seems I constantly have to copy my code changes back to the developer site and run them from there. And worse, if I make a quick fix there, I have to remember to copy it back to the IDE or I will lose it. In short, during active development of Apex and VisualForce, the IDE doesn't seem all that helpful. What am I missing?

hisrinuhisrinu

Make sure that your project is connected to salesforce, with this when ever you save the code it saves to the server.

Then you can just go to your site and execute or open that page and you will be able to view the changes

StrangeRoutinesStrangeRoutines

Hm. I am live and connected to the server since I can browse the object metadata. But saves aren't being reflected up there. Hm. No error message either. Well, if I can get it to work, it saves one step, anyway. But it is still bothersome to have to jump back to the server to actually test execute the code.

Thanks for the sanity check.

gv007gv007

some times yours eclipse gives problem so reinstall it and try.if it is not  direcctly edit at force.com site.some how it will works