function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
northbeachcitizensnorthbeachcitizens 

Adding Related Lists to newly created Objects

Hello!  I am in the process of creating a new object/app and I am trying to add the related lists for RELATIONSHIPS and AFFILIATIONS.  They are not available as buttons on the Page Layout section.  Does anyone know how to make these Related Lists available?

Thanks so much!!

SurekaSureka

Hi,

When you create a Lookup/Master Detail field in the new object to Relationships/ Affliations, you will get an option to add the related lists added to the new object page layout.

Let me know if that works.

Thanks

northbeachcitizensnorthbeachcitizens

Thanks! I am close but not quite there. Is there any way for you to do a screen shot of the page where you have the option to add the related lists?  I have tried many different options but it just will not work. Any further assistance you can provide will be most appreciated!

Thanks!

SurekaSureka

Hi,

Due to some reasons, I am not able to attach the screen shot. I will give you the steps: Create a lookup field -> in the Step 6 of the field creation ->You will be able to add the related lists.

"Step 6. Add custom related lists"

Thanks

tantotanto

You can add a related list to an existing page layout.

Setup | App Setup | Object | Page Layouts | Edit | Related Lists

IMKIMK

Hi,

Your solution reminds me of a situation which occured to me.

I have two objects related with a Master-Child relationship. But the related list option is not handled while creating the relationship.

Now please let me know if there is any way around to have that related list option handled without deletion of the fields from the objects. (Have lot of functionality working which might be effected)