function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CwlexusCwlexus 

Problems with "missing" Save & New button in Customer Portal

Hello All

The Save & New button is present on the edit page in my developer org's Customer Portal, but missing from the Customer Portal in my live org and I cannot workout why.  

Can you please help me with where to look or what to do to add the Save & New button to the edit page of my Customer Portal..

Clyde

London

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
CwlexusCwlexus

Hi All

I am closing this issue.

I just called Salesforce Support and they said the [Save & New} button is not available in the Customer Portal.

Bala thank you for all your help with this issue.

PS:  I revisited my Dev org, and the button is not there either.

All Answers

b-Forceb-Force

you need to check Access of Customer Portal User profile 

you need to provide create and Edit access to these profiles

Hope this will help you

Thanks,

Bala

CwlexusCwlexus

Thank you Bala for your response

I checked the access options on the customer portal profile.  Read and Create is ticked.  

I do not wish to give my portal users edit permission but I do wish them to be able to add more than one record at a time via the missing [Save & New] button.

I think your suggest is on the right track, as when I give this profile the Edit permission, the [Close Booking] button appears on the detail page (although I do not wish to give my users this privilidge).

Do you have any further thoughts as to how I can solve my problem.

b-Forceb-Force

Clyde,

I didnt understand this Close Booking button , is it custom button or did you rename any standard button ?

I will recommend to create different pageLayouts for internal and Portal user,

Then you will have full choice to keep/remove the contents on them , It will make more sense as doing this is standard practice

Hope this will help you,

Thanks,

Bala 

CwlexusCwlexus

Hi Bala

I am building an appointment booking system, so I have renamed the Case Object to Booking Object.

I have separate page layouts for Salesforce Users and Customer Portal users.

The internal users have the [save & new] button on the Case/Booking edit page; put it does not appear on the page layout that is assigned to Customer Portal users.

I will create new page layout for Customer Portal users to see whether it makes any difference.

CwlexusCwlexus

Hi Bala

I have just created and applied a new Customer Portal page layout, with the same disappointing results - it does not display a [save & new] button on the Case edit page.

Am I trying to do the impossible?  

Does Salesforce display the [save & new] button on the case edit page in the Customer Portal?

b-Forceb-Force

Clyde,

Please check out this help doucment  https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_customer_portal_implementation_guide.pdf

It may be helpful to you

Thanks,

Bala

CwlexusCwlexus

Hi Bala

Thank you for pointing me to this document.  I have read it before but I will now re-read very carefully, seeking an answer to my problem.

CwlexusCwlexus

Hi Bala and others 

I read the suggested paper cover to cover without finding a clue as to how I could address this issue.  It does not deal specifically with including the [save & new] button on the case edit page in the Customer Portal.

Do you have more suggestions?

CwlexusCwlexus

Hi All

I am closing this issue.

I just called Salesforce Support and they said the [Save & New} button is not available in the Customer Portal.

Bala thank you for all your help with this issue.

PS:  I revisited my Dev org, and the button is not there either.

This was selected as the best answer