function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ggnttggntt 

Some advice for a newbe

Hi there

We are in the process of developing a clould based application for our customers.

It consists of a data gathering and processing component that displays the data for the customer via a dashboard hosted on AWS.

it also requires a backend CRM function to manage e.g subscriptions, reporting, reseller management, support tracking, etc etc etc...

Should we use force.com form the backend function ?
I am trying to get my head around what it actually does (i am not a developer) but i dont think going off and developing all those functions is the right thing to do if the exist on force.com already...

And as far as i know force.com will integrate with our application hosted on AWS so we get a nice integrated solution....

Would i be correct in saying that ?

Thanks

ggntt

GoldwinGoldwin

Hi,

In Salesforce.com, already the CRM function exists, you do not need to develop from scratch, but if you feel that something is not fit for your requirement or you need more functionality then you need to customize.

And you can integrate the force.com application with any other applications.

sgm_forcesgm_force

Agree with goldwin.

salesforce.com offers good CRM capabilties. And in case you need additional/customized functionality , you can always do so on the platform to suit the needs of your customer.