function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lovetolearnlovetolearn 

Auto populate field

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to create a custom tab whereby the user picks their name from a picklist and then a field on the bottom of the picklist will auto generate their email.

The way i see it in my head right now is this: have the email field get its value from a user profile. but i am not sure if this will work with a picklist.

Thank you.

KD123456KD123456

Hi,

If i understand you correctly, you are looking for field dependencies, such that value of field controls the value of the other. This is possible with picklist fields. You can also set up related lookup filters such that only the matching values are provided for the user to select.

But if you are looking for the field to automatically populate based on the value in another field then you need to write your own VF page with controller extension for that. But this is a something that can be achieved.

Thanks

KD

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Hi,

I think the functionality you are trying to achieve can be easily implemented using a custom VF page.

I think it should work with picklist and onChange event you can call an action function which can fetch the related email address and display it on the text field you desire.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.