function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dave@Dome9Dave@Dome9 

SalesForce Social Not Connecting to Twitter

I've tried to setup a Contributor but when I go to validate I get an error that reads, "The Account you validated in Twitter does not correspond to the Account that you selected on Salesforce"

Here's what I've entered in my Contribitor setup fields:
Contributor: SalesForce username
Username: SalesForce username
Twitter Account: Twitter account username
User: SalesForce username

When I click on VALIDATE, it takes me to the Twitter authorization page where I enter my Twitter credentials (which I've triple checked), but then I get the above error message.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

PJRPJR

Dave,

I just worked through this issue myself. You need to go to the Twitter Accounts page and validate your account. You probably have the wrong value for Username. For example, if you entered Bob Smith, Twitter probably made your username "BobSmtih" with no spaces. Login to Twitter to confirm your username.

If you thinkt here may be some discrepancy between your email address and twitter username, try logging out of Twitter, then back in. Double-check the username. When you validate you should have the username from Twitter, and be using the email address and password to validate that just worked correctly for the Tiwtter direct login.

Best of luck,

Pete

Adam GrossmanAdam Grossman
I was having trouble Validating as my account name was wrong. I had to click three deep to find the twitter Username. When entering it into Salesforce be sure to exclude the @ symbol.