function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
iSqFt_ADiSqFt_AD 

Unread By Owner on Accounts?

Has anyone come up with a way to create an Unread by Owner field on Accounts, Contacts, or Opportunities? Accounts is our main focus but I figured the logic would be the same for all three objects.

Thanks,

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

I am not able to get your req , what do you mean by "way to create an Unread by Owner field on Accounts" , what is your objective when you say 'Unread by Owner field".

iSqFt_ADiSqFt_AD

The Lead Object has a checkbox  field called "Unread by Owner". If the owner of the Lead has never clicked into the record to view its details, the box is checked. Once the owner clicks into the lead and "views" its details, the box becomes unchecked.

We would like to recreate this functionality on the Account so that Account owners can track which accounts assigned to them have been read.

iSqFt_ADiSqFt_AD

Anyone? It seems odd that no one has figured this out yet. Although the fact that Salesforce does not have this by now is even more odd.

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

From the day I saw this first time I thought a lot on it. I could only get one way of doing it. It's not any elegent way.

1) You can create a VFP and use this as inline VFP , keep hieght width very minimum.

2)As soon as you open the layout of any account  the page will aslo get loaded.

3)you have to add a page action on that VFP. Which will check if current user is Owner user it will update the unreadby owner to false.

I know this is not an elegent way but you can achieve your goal with this. 

iSqFt_ADiSqFt_AD

I kind of understand what you mean with this. I do not have any development experience but we are currently soliciting a couple developers for their support. I am interested to see what they come back with and may offer this up as an idea if they cannot come up with anything better.

Thank you Shashikant!