function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SabrentSabrent 

Workflow rule picklist vlaue and Date

I want to create a workflow to send email reminders to approvers if they have not taken action on an approval request after 2 days from receiving an approval request. 

This is my workflow rule (with Syntax error) - 

ISPICKVAL(Status__c ,"Pending mgr Approval") AND(Today() = LastActivityDate+2)

Can someone point me in the right direction? Is there any other better way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

VPrakashVPrakash

Try this formula,

AND(ISPICKVAL(Status__c ,"Pending mgr Approval"),(Today() = LastActivityDate+2))

or 

ISPICKVAL(Status__c ,"Pending mgr Approval") && (Today() = LastActivityDate+2)

Instead you can create time dependent workflow action based on the LastActivityDate field. Then the rule criteria should be 

ISPICKVAL(Status__c ,"Pending mgr Approval")

And you can learn more about time dependent workflows actions at

https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/workflow_time_action_considerations.htm

-VPrakash

SabrentSabrent

Thanks VPrakash for the correct Syntax. Much appreciated!!

My Time based work flow isn't  working though and I think it's because of the Field Update Limitations. This is what i read on community board -

• The results of a field update cannot trigger additional workflow rules or other rules such as validation, assignment, auto-response, or escalation rules.

Other than creating reports is there any other way to send reminders to Approvers if they haven't yet taken action on an approval request?

Thanks,

Rov

agum34agum34

I've had a similar need and we were able get by with using reports.  There is one report called "All Pending Approval Requests" in the Administrative Reports folder that can be cloned and used for this purpose.  Exploring other options we considered a Scheduled Apex class that would run once a day and find all outstanding approvals and send reminders.  We also have an SLA on our Quote Approval process and considered auto approving requests after an SLA violation.  I can provide some examples of the Apex code if you want to go that route.

SabrentSabrent

Thanks agum34. I too was thinking of scheduled Apex class. I would love to see your examples of Apex code. 

Thank you!!