function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AlesKAlesK 

Contact management integration between Force.com organizations and third-party CMS

I am evaluating the possibilities of contact management integration between Force.com organizations and third-party CMS and I would like to clarify a few points. If you could at least point me in the right direction, please let me know.

According to the documentation contact management (accounts and contacts) is available in all editions except Database.com. Is this information correct? The Service cloud edition comparison available at http://www.sfdcstatic.com/assets/pdf/datasheets/DS_ServiceCloud_EdCompare.pdf does not mention contact management and the Force.com edition comparison available at http://www.sfdcstatic.com/assets/pdf/datasheets/DS_Forcedotcom_EdCompare.pdf states that in One App edition accounts and contact are read-only.

Contact management objects in SalesForce and third-party CMS are very similar so I’m currently considering a composite application implementation where third-party CMS replicates accounts and contacts into Force.com organization via the integration API and the application provides a view of contact related data such as contact activities available via third-party CMS REST services.

After browsing through the ISV guide and Wiki articles, I came to the conclusion that this free composite managed application could be classified as a native managed application and consequently turned into an Aloha application with special permissions allowing it to run APEX code and access the integration API in Group and Professional editions. I’m also aware that Aloha applications require security review at regular intervals and that the process of granting special permissions is not automatic. However, as the application is freely available, the security review should be free of charge and it seems that request for special permissions could be rejected only in case the application does not meet the requirements in areas such as code coverage or security. Are these conclusions correct?

IbigfootIbigfoot
Hi,

It sounds like you have some really detailed requirments so a yes / no answer here is probably going to be misleading.
Couple of things to think about.

1 - If you have questions around how you could build an AppExchange app but don't want to give away app details in this public forum, contact Salesforce. They have a well developed ISV program and coud help answer your questions in confidence.
2 - Have a look at the force.com license and see if this is suitable?
3 - For integrated CMS have a look at www.siteforce.com

Cheers,
AlesKAlesK

Hi,

thank you for your input. I'm definitely going to participate in an ISV program. According to the ISV Program Guide all partners are able to log technical support tickets via the salesforce.com Partner Portal. As far as the third-party CMS is concerned the integration story is quite simple. My goal is to provide the possibility of contact management integration with specific third-party CMS for as many organizations as possible regardless of the license. It seems that creating an AppExchange application might be a good choice because as long as it's free, managed and native it could lift some restrictions placed on organizations with Group and Professional licenses. The third-party CMS will only replicate contacts and accounts into a Force.com organization but I have my doubts as to whether the AppExchnage application would still be classified as native and not as composite.