function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chinnyychinnyy 

Can any one help me to write formula for time capture...urgent requirement pls...

Hi-pls can any one help me to fix this issue.Its urgent requirement..

How to write formula for a formula field to calculate time when the status=open or reopen til lthe record will be saved.

For example if we keep the status=open or eopen for 10 mins it should display time as 10 mins.

Thanks,

Indu.

AdrianCCAdrianCC

Hello,

What do you mean "calculate time when the status=open or reopen til lthe record will be saved"?

1. is Status a field on your object and you need to see when it changes value? Check out ISCHANGED() and PRIORVALUE().

OR

2. you want to see how much time a user spends editing a record? For this you need some sort of client validation, like a javascript function that will start ticking on page load until onbeforeunload. I would suggest using a homepage component(HTML) with that js in it that check if the page loaded is an (e) edit page - url. You can save to the DB using the salesforce connection js library.

Another option would be to replace the standard page with a vf page. Start the timer in the constructor, stop it on the exit action - save, cancel, whatever.

Thanks,

Adrian