function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JoyceyJoycey 

Field not updating correctly - Workflow

Hi All.
I have created a workflow rule to populate the Opportunity Name. The criteria for the Opportunity Name is the name customer "Account Name" and then the technology in which they are interested, which is an opportunity field.

The formula I have created is 

(TEXT(Technology__c)) & " - " & Account.Name

However the technology populates fine, but leaves the Account Name blank.

Can anybody point me where I am going wrong?
Many thanks
Nick

gautam_singhgautam_singh

Hi ,

As per my perception what I tried the same in my Salesforce Orgnatization. These are the steps which I followed .

1. I created a "TEXT" Datatype "Techonology" Field in Opportunity.

2. I created a workflow  on Opportunity with Entry Criteria as :

(Opportunity: Opportunity Nameequalsnull) or (Opportunity: Opportunity Namenot equal tonull) 

3.  I added a field update as

Techonology__c & " - " & Account.Name

I activated this workflow and is working perfect. Let me know if this helped or not . I believe that if you are using 2 braces which might be creating problem. If you are using Techonology as text , you need not to keep the TEXT formula there

Important :

Hit Kudos if this provides you with useful information and if this is what you where looking for then please mark it as a solution for other benefits.

Thank You .

JoyceyJoycey
Thanks for taking your time. I use the TEXT formula as my Technology field is a picklist. The technology comes through ok, however for some reason the Account Name just wont? I wondered if you had any further ideas?

Thanks
Nick
sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

I think this should get saved. Can you please where you put your formula in field update or in rule criteia where ?

JoyceyJoycey
Hi thanks for your reply the formula is in the field update section under specify new field value.
Nick
sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

Please try 

(TEXT(Technology__c))  " - "  Account.Name
gautam_singhgautam_singh

Hi,

Followed you , I created Techonology Picklist and then followed the steps again .. this worked well for me .

1. I created a "Picklist" Datatype "Techonology" Field in Opportunity with values 'test1' , 'test2'.

2. I created a workflow  on Opportunity with Entry Criteria as :

(Opportunity: Opportunity Nameequalsnull) or (Opportunity: Opportunity Namenot equal tonull) 

3.  I added a field update as

TEXT( Techonology__c ) & "-"& Account.Name

I activated this workflow and is working perfect. Let me know if this helped or not . I believe that if you are using 2 braces which might be creating problem.

Important :

Hit Kudos if this provides you with useful information and if this is what you where looking for then please mark it as a solution for other benefits.

Thank You .

JoyceyJoycey

Many thanks for this, as suggested this seems to work on my development ORG but not on the live system I have taken ownership of.

Would anybody know as to why this might be?

Many thanks
Nick