function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
amritamrit 

Urgent: Lead Assignment rule

Hi,

I want to create an lead assignment rule to Sales Team of a specific project.Project is a lookup field which is created in Lead.

Say if Project is X ,lead should assign to three users A,B ,C.

The rule is to have an automated assignment of leads to these users in a rotational system of 5 leads each.

Ex: The first set of 5 leads to be assigned to the user A and the next 5 leads to B & the last set of 5 leads to C and the cycle continues in this order.

I know there is possibility using roundrobin lead assignement.Can anyone one explain how the fuctionality works here

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AroraAnupAroraAnup

Here is a quick solution to implement Round Robin rules for assigning Leads and Cases to Users/Queues:

The first steps for lead or case assignment is to create two custom fields that can be included in the page layouts for users or hidden as they are strictly for the assignment mechanism based on the custom formula. The instructions below assume the setup is for leads.

1. Create an auto number field in leads called "Lead Number" that spans 0 decimal places and had the format "{0}".

2. Create a custom formula field in leads called "Round_Robin_ID" and use the formula "MOD(VALUE({!Lead_Number__c}) ,3) +1".

Explanation of the process:

The following formula example for leads assumes you have 3 lead users/queues and you want to assign an equal number of incoming leads to each queue/user

MOD(VALUE({!Lead_Number__c}) ,3) +1 is the formula for a custom formula field named Round_Robin_ID that assigns each lead a value of 0, 1, or 2. This formula uses a custom auto-number field called Lead Number that assigns each lead a sequential number starting with 1. The MOD function divides the lead number by the number of lead queues available (3 in this example) and returns a remainder of 1, 2, or 3. Use the value of this formula field in your lead assignment rules to assign lead records to different queues or users. For example:

Round_Robin_ID = 1 is assigned to Queue A (User 1)
Round_Robin_ID = 2 is assigned to Queue B (User 2)
Round_Robin_ID = 3 is assigned to Queue C (User 3)

Hope this helps! Do click KUDOS and mark as a solution if this helps!

All Answers

AroraAnupAroraAnup

Here is a quick solution to implement Round Robin rules for assigning Leads and Cases to Users/Queues:

The first steps for lead or case assignment is to create two custom fields that can be included in the page layouts for users or hidden as they are strictly for the assignment mechanism based on the custom formula. The instructions below assume the setup is for leads.

1. Create an auto number field in leads called "Lead Number" that spans 0 decimal places and had the format "{0}".

2. Create a custom formula field in leads called "Round_Robin_ID" and use the formula "MOD(VALUE({!Lead_Number__c}) ,3) +1".

Explanation of the process:

The following formula example for leads assumes you have 3 lead users/queues and you want to assign an equal number of incoming leads to each queue/user

MOD(VALUE({!Lead_Number__c}) ,3) +1 is the formula for a custom formula field named Round_Robin_ID that assigns each lead a value of 0, 1, or 2. This formula uses a custom auto-number field called Lead Number that assigns each lead a sequential number starting with 1. The MOD function divides the lead number by the number of lead queues available (3 in this example) and returns a remainder of 1, 2, or 3. Use the value of this formula field in your lead assignment rules to assign lead records to different queues or users. For example:

Round_Robin_ID = 2 is assigned to Queue B (User 2)
Round_Robin_ID = 3 is assigned to Queue C (User 3)

Hope this helps! Do click KUDOS and mark as a solution if this helps!

This was selected as the best answer
amritamrit

Thanks for your reply.I tried this way .This will work .But I have to assign first 5 set of leads to user A,Then next 5 set to user B and so on. How can i implement this scenario

Thanks

markdamomarkdamo
You just need to change the mod statment to be 15 instead of 3
MOD(VALUE({!Lead_Number__c}) ,15) +1

Round_Robin_ID = 2 is assigned to Queue B (User 1)
Round_Robin_ID = 3 is assigned to Queue C (User 1)
Round_Robin_ID = 4 is assigned to Queue C (User 1)
Round_Robin_ID = 5 is assigned to Queue C (User 1)
Round_Robin_ID = 6 is assigned to Queue C (User 12)
Etc... Etc..
amritamrit

Here in my scenario i used  mod 14 .That s working.Thanks for your suggestion