function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TenaTena 

Sharing a Object

I have a object that is linked to Case, Opportunity, Account, Lead, and contact.  This is a 3rd party vendor object and is added via a related list.  I have made the overall sharing rule Private and opened it up based on profile. 

I have one profile that should only see the information if they are the owner of the Account that any of the object belong to.  So if Bill owns account A and Account A is the Account Associated to Case B then they can see the related list information. 

How do I do this?  I can't make it controlled by parent, which is what would be the best.  I am at a loss.

AroraAnupAroraAnup

Let me know if I understood your situation!

You have a custom object (3rd Party Vendor) that is linked to Case, Opportunity, Accounts, Leads and Contact as a Related List. This means that you have lookups to all these 5 objects on this custom object, coz of which the related list of this custom object is available on all these 5 objects

If my understanding is correct, can you share some more insight into the business scenario behind this solution design? Also, out of all these 5 objects, do you have anyone (preferably Accounts) that is set as a Master on this custom object? If yes, which one? If no, why can't you setup Accounts as a Master, coz that will let you use CONTROLLED BY PARENT when you define the OWD for this object, which I think should ideally solve your problem.

Let me know and I would be happy to help further!

TenaTena

That is exaclty the issue :)  I don't have any object set as master and as far as I can see I am unable to chage that becasue it is a managed 3rd party object.  Is there some way to do it?  I have created objects myself and able to do that but I can't see how to do it with this :(

Is there a way to force it?