function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nirav DoctorNirav Doctor 

Selecting partner portal user from a User lookup field

Hi folks,

I have a user lookup field on Case and on a custom object. I want to select a user with Gold Partner Portal License from that lookup field. But only the standard users show up in that list. Is this something that Salesforce does not allow? If it does not, is there any work around?

Thanks,

Nirav

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Nirav DoctorNirav Doctor

So I found the solution myself. I was using the inline edit feature when trying to select the User. If you use the full edit button, then the User lookup field offers 3 options - select User, Partner User and Customer Portal User. By selecting the Partner User option, it allows selection of a partner user in that field.

Resolved! 

All Answers

Nirav DoctorNirav Doctor

So I found the solution myself. I was using the inline edit feature when trying to select the User. If you use the full edit button, then the User lookup field offers 3 options - select User, Partner User and Customer Portal User. By selecting the Partner User option, it allows selection of a partner user in that field.

Resolved! 

This was selected as the best answer
rikhilrikhil

Hi i have the same problem but  here my condition is after loging into partner as goldprofile i need to assign task to standard user but am unable to see the standard users in the list only gold partner users are displaying in that list .

my question is is it possible to assign task to standard users?(from parner portal)

thanks

Nazrul AminNazrul Amin
HI Nirav,

I have exactly the same question, but for customer community user. I want to reference this user in a custom object record, but all I can search for seems to be the standard users with Salesforce licenses.  I am not able to see the 3 options you mention above, and I clicked the Lookup button which opened in a small window, but only search criteria, go button and search results were present..

Can you provide additional detail please?

Thanks,
Nazrul
Melinda KayMelinda Kay
I also have Gold Partner Users that need the ability to assign tasks to standard users.  I see that they are able to assign tasks to the owner of the Partner Account, but there are three standard users that they need to be able to choose from.  Is there a way to do that?