function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeff TalbotJeff Talbot 

Fax from Salesforce using 3rd party email-2-fax service. Is Email relay what I need?

SF doesn't fax. But it will email, and there are 3rd party email2fax services out there (efax, etc.).

But the 3rd party email2fax services don't work with SF email headers. They can't verify that the email is coming from one of their paid customers, so they reject the email.

Does anyone know email technicalities well enough to make an educated guess as to whether implementing SF Email Relay would resolve this issue? If I use SF Email Relay, would my SF emails generate email headers that look exactly like the headers I get if I send an email through my email client?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
kristie9kristie9

Not sure if you found the answer to this question but here is a point in a direction:

www.myfaxbin.com

With myFaxBin you never need to leave Salesforce to send or receive your faxes. Your faxes are automatically managed based upon your criteria. No more waiting for a fax to arrive. No more lost or misfiled faxes. Your faxes are organized and available to the right person when they need it. myFaxBin is so easy to use that User training lasts ten minutes or less

Inbound Features:

• Automatically route to existing standard and custom objects
  • Create new records such as Cases and Opportunities
  • Notifies via email and text to wireless phone upon arrival
  • File and trigger workflows based on caller ID and barcodes

Outbound Features:

• Print-to-fax from within any Windows application
  • Click-and-Go fax buttons directly on records
  • Use Salesforce mail merge or our enhanced ones
  • Mass fax and custom objects are supported 
  • Fax disposition always logged as an Activity

Contact us at (770) 643-9297 ext 4491

All Answers

kristie9kristie9

Not sure if you found the answer to this question but here is a point in a direction:

www.myfaxbin.com

With myFaxBin you never need to leave Salesforce to send or receive your faxes. Your faxes are automatically managed based upon your criteria. No more waiting for a fax to arrive. No more lost or misfiled faxes. Your faxes are organized and available to the right person when they need it. myFaxBin is so easy to use that User training lasts ten minutes or less

Inbound Features:

• Automatically route to existing standard and custom objects
  • Create new records such as Cases and Opportunities
  • Notifies via email and text to wireless phone upon arrival
  • File and trigger workflows based on caller ID and barcodes

Outbound Features:

• Print-to-fax from within any Windows application
  • Click-and-Go fax buttons directly on records
  • Use Salesforce mail merge or our enhanced ones
  • Mass fax and custom objects are supported 
  • Fax disposition always logged as an Activity

Contact us at (770) 643-9297 ext 4491

This was selected as the best answer
vks222vks222

User7654321User7654321

There is an app on the AppExchange from MyFax which allows for this...

http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?l​istingId=a0N30000001sKFcEAM

Reginald BergReginald Berg
I think Cocofax will work very well and it's good choice to send a fax. All you need is to insert the headers of your choice and use google fax service as GoogleFaxFree notes (https://googlefaxfree.com/best-free-fax-app-for-iphone-ipad/) to make it easier. Off course it will be the same. No matter whatever you use. I think you can go for it.