function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
eileen103eileen103 

Lookup field on new Entitlement field is not showing list for all users

I have the new Entitlements package installed in my Sandbox and I am a System Administrator. When I click on the Entitlements lookup button (next to the field) I get the list of Entitlements to choose from, but when the other System Administrator does the same thing, his lookup comes back with no matches found.

We have the same profile and page layout.
I also have a test user account that is set with another profile and that account does not see the choices either.
Is there something I am missing?

Thanks,

Eileen

werewolfwerewolf

Do you see that same issue with any other custom object?  You didn't put a private sharing model on the Entitlement object, did you?

eileen103eileen103

No, just the Entitlements custom object.

The Sharing for the Entitlement is set-up as Public Read/Write.

Is there another place I can check access?

werewolfwerewolf

Oh wait -- but if you _search_ for an Entitlement, it works, right?  That lookup list just shows recently used objects, confusing as it is.  That's how all lookups work.

I would suggest you turn on enhanced lookups and autocomplete for Entitlements at Setup->Customize->Search.  That will help some.

eileen103eileen103

Yes, it works if I put in the Entitlement and hit Go - it finds it.

I did turn on the Enhanced Search so the user will have to deal with it for a little while.

Thanks, Marco.

I also have one other issue with the Entitlements - what is the best way to copy the old Entitlements name fields into the new Entitlements name fields for my existing tickets?

I tried in the Data Loader and I get an error: Entitlement ID value of incorrect type.

Do I need to export out the Entitlement ID and then replace each old ID with the new Entitlement ID before I update the field? 

Is Data Loader or the Excel Connector the best way to do this?

Thanks,

Eileen

werewolfwerewolf
Frankly I've never completely figured out the data loader.  Are you loading it directly from one object to another, or are you loading it from the object to a CSV file and then to the new object?  If it's the latter then you could just do a find and replace on the IDs in the CSV file with Textpad or Notepad++ or Excel.
eileen103eileen103

Well, the Data Loader worked well for copying the old Entitlement date fields (Estimated Response Time, etc) to the new ones especially with the many different time zones we use.

Yes, I am exporting to a CSV file - so I guess the answer to my question is yes - I have to change all the Entitlement ID's from the old to new in Excel before I update the fields.

Great - thanks for your help!!

eileen103eileen103

I changed the Entitlement ID's and updated the field - that worked great!

In your experience, when you copy the old Entitlement field to the new Entitlement field, what happens to the existing email alerts that are waiting to be sent from the old Entitlement - do they disappear or are they still going to be sent?

Thanks.

werewolfwerewolf
Totally depends on how you set up your email alerts, specifically the criteria -- a time-based workflow will get cleared if the object changes such that the object no longer meets the workflow criteria.  However, if what you're doing doesn't disallow it from the criteria then the email alerts will remain scheduled.