function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Joe_IpsenJoe_Ipsen 

Swapping Reply-to: with From: on E2C

I have a particular set of emails coming into SFDC that are being converted into cases, but the system that generates these is using noreply@domain.com as the From: address and the actual customer's email is included in the Reply-to:.  Because of this, all of the cases have a Web Email address of noreply@domain.com and the actual email address is only accessible by viewing the headers of the Message object.

From a support perspective, this is very labor intensive as they have to extract the address from the Message object and update the field in the case.  How can we automate this?

After looking at the fields available to Workflow and Field Updates on the Message Object, I did not find a way to pull this information out and insert it onto the case in the Web Email address.  

If this is possible using workflow or even a simple trigger I would like to hear your suggestions as this seems much more attainable than the option I have considered:

- rebuilding On-demand Email-to-Case using an Apex Email service.

- writing an Apex Email Service to accept these messages and swap the two addresses with the hope that it could then hand the message off to On-demand Email-to-Case.