function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ivankamivankam 

Can't get duplicate contact blocker to install

After trying to instll the Duplicate contact blocker product, I receive the following error code. I am absolutely NOT technical and have nooooo idea what this means! (all I know is that the installation didn't work)

HELP - what did I do wrong?

Error
Your requested install failed. Please fix the following error(s) or obtain a fix and try this again.

If this error persists, contact Salesforce Support through your normal channels.
Package components error list:    
Problem Component Detail duplicatecontacttestclass.testContactDuplicateTrigger() Apex Classes(01p20000000AFPw) System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Contact cannot be created - Contact already exists: [LastName]
Class.DuplicateContactTestClass.testContactDuplicateTrigger: line 26, column 3
wesnoltewesnolte

Hey

It looks to me as though one of the test classes within the application you're trying to install is failing. Maybe the state of your data at install time is breaking the process. Either way it's a bug that they should fix if you let them know.

Cheers,

Wes 

SAKOSAKO

Hi Ivan,

I got the same message...

When you download the Application, there is a checkbox in the third step saying you want to ignore errors within the installation.

Mark that checkbox and the installation will be successful.

Best Sandra