function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
atomaratomar 

Just want to make sure that task and event functionality is part of force.com

Hi Guys,

I just want to make sure that task and event functionality is part of force.com.

I am trying to build a pure force.com native app without using any sales/marketing application functionality.

Anup JadhavAnup Jadhav

Hi there,

Could you give us more details of what you want do to, so that we could point you in the right direction?

-A

atomaratomar
Well i was reading force.com ISV guide and under "edition consideration" it makes it very clear that my ability to sell into and outside of salesforce.com's customer community depends on how i design and develop my application.

I don't plan to use any advanced CRM capabilities and we are focused on building our solution on force.com edition but would like to clarify that task and event are part of force.com offering and can be used by a customer with only force.com embedded license.

For our application, we need a comprehensive calendaring and event management solution and we are planning to leverage task and event functionality. 
shillyershillyer

Yes, Events and Tasks are included in Force.com Edition. You can signup for a free Developer Edition and create a user with the Salesforce Platform profile to see what's available.

Hope that helps,

Sati

atomaratomar

Thanks Sati.

Such a simple idea but didn't occur to me.