function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Deepak PansariDeepak Pansari 

Deployment help needed from Sandbox to production.

Hi All,

I have develop follwoing items in sandbox and i need it to deploy on the production.

1. Custom object [ with record]

2. Triggers

3. Reocrd types

4. Page layout

5  Approval Process 

Please let us know how i can deploy all this items into Production.

Thanks,

Deep. 

YCRYCR

Hi Deepak

You can deploy code using Eclipse IDE or Ant tool. For data migration you can use Apex Data Loader or Salesforce Excel Connector.

Thanks for reply. what about page layouts and approval process do i need to recreate it on Production or is there anyway to do it?

- Deepak 

atomaratomar

You don't need to recreate anything in production environment. 

You can also use unmanaged package to move your code between different environment. 

Could you please explain how do i can achive.

How do i can use packaging to move - Approval process, Record types and page layouts.

Thanks!

Deepak 

JonPJonP

Deepak,

Do NOT use packaging to deploy from Sandbox to production.  Packaging is for distributing functionality to third parties, primarily for use by ISVs publishing apps on AppExchange.

Page Layouts are available in the Force.com IDE and the Ant migration tool.  They are available as ".layout" files.

Record Types on custom objects definitely are supported, and I believe they're supported on standard objects as well.  They show up in the object's ".object" file.

Approval Processes are not yet available for migration (or packaging) so you will have to recreate them manually in your production org.

Make sure you are using the latest release of the Force.com IDE (currently Summer '09 / v16.0.0).

Jon

salesforce.com Product Manager

charleshowardcharleshoward

Could anyone provide some sample XML to use in the package.xml file for retrieving a custom page layout on a custom object?

I have a layout with the name "O-Arm PM 1.2" on an object with an API name of O_Arm_Site_Activity__c.  First of all, I can't figure out what the API name of the page layout would be (if it has one).  I've tried every possible combination of dot referened and non-dot referenced values in the XML that I can think of, with no results.

The only sample that I have been able to find for retrieving a specific page layout using the migration tool is:

<types>
<members>Idea-Idea Layout</members>
<name>Layout</name>
</types>

which is really unhelpful, and doesn't have much explanation around it.