function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chris987654321Chris987654321 

Move PDF Attachments from 1 Organization to Another

We have 2 completely seperate Salesforce organizations and we are soon going to consolidate them down to 1. We have many PDF attachments which are attached the to Notes and Attachments section of a Custom Object in one of the Orgs. Is there anyway to move all those PDFs to the other Org? I can't think of any way to do it.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have,

Chris

cvjcvj

You can do this using the weekly export and the data loader.

If you want to migrate from one org to another, then you first need to get a Weekly Export Service download.  Make sure you check the "Include attachments" box. You will get an attachments.csv and the actual attachments.

The key to importing attachments is a little known feature inside Data Loader. The part that is not documented is that the import wants the actual filename in the BODY field. So for example, the attachments themselves have a ID name, let's say its 123456789 and it is on your hard drive in the C:\Export folder. So in the BODY field you need to put C:\Export\123456789.

The only fields you need in the import file are - ParentId, Name, IsPrivate, OwnerId and Body.

http://blogs.salesforce.com/blogs/2005/08/importing_attac.html

Chris4321Chris4321
Thanks for the information! I'll give that a try.
Nikita Meshram 2Nikita Meshram 2
You can do this by using the Satrang Mass File Download AppExchange App and Dataloader, Using Satrang Mass File Download you can export all files and attachments along with CSV files and import these files with ParentIds in the new org.

URL - Satrang Mass File Download (https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3A00000EcsAOUAZ&tab=e )

Disclaimer: I work at Satrang Technologies, the publisher of this Mass File Download AppExchange App.