function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pcristinipcristini 

Questions about install procedure

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to force.com and I'm looking into creating an app for appexchange which will just contain a flash app that pulls content from our system based on which app subscription is purchased.

A few questions about deployment/packaging and can someone point me in the right direction for where to read the documentation on it:

1. Is it possible to create one app in appexchange with different pricing options (different subscriptions)?
    1. If thisisn't possible, how many managed apps are we allowed to create in the appexchange? Is it dependant upon our license type? 
  2. Can I create apex classes that are called during the install process to subsequently make calls to our system to set up the user accounts/keys, etc?

Thanks,

Paulo

shillyershillyer

You can find great packaging materials here. In regards to your questions:

Is it possible to create one app in appexchange with different pricing options (different subscriptions)?

You can only have 1 listing per app, but in this situation I would recommend having 1 public listing that describes your entire offering. And multiple private listings that speak to each edition/version.

If thisisn't possible, how many managed apps are we allowed to create in the appexchange? Is it dependant upon our license type?

DE orgs are the only orgs that can have Managed Packages. You can create 1 Managed Package per DE org. If you want more than 1 Managed Package, sign up for more DE orgs, they are free! If you want to share functionality across your Managed Packages, take a look at extensions.

Can I create apex classes that are called during the install process to subsequently make calls to our system to set up the user accounts/keys, etc?

Not at install, but most partners on the AppExchange include a customization guide that explains follow-up steps after installing. You may even want to include a Getting Started page in your app that outlines next steps or allows the user to initiate some other actions.

Hope that helps,

Sati

pcristinipcristini
I like the idea of the extensions, and I have my app completely built. But I'm not really sure on how to make the set of apex classes that will be common into an extension. I looked at the page you referenced and it makes it sound like the contents of the extension must be a full fledged app, whereas what I'm looking for is just a subset of the apex classes to be used as the extension.