function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
zeezackisbackzeezackisback 

Roll-Up Summary field shaded out?!

I am trying to create a roll up summary field, but its shaded out... claiming I can not add the field type...

"You cannot create this type of field on this object because it is not the master in a master-detail relationship."

How can I make it so?

werewolfwerewolf
Depends on what the master and the detail is.  For example, you can't make a master-detail where the master is a custom object and the detail is a standard object.
infoweldernickinfoweldernick

You need to change the lookup relationship on the object you want to roll up to be a master-detail instead of a lookup.  If you browse to the field under Setup, you can change the type.  

Probably a good idea to review the ramifications of this in Help before making this change.

zeezackisbackzeezackisback
 It turns out my main problem is that I am trying to crack open a mananged api... I need to get into the api to add a master detail field...than be sure its applied to my claim table. Question is how to unmanage it?
infoweldernickinfoweldernick
Ahh, well it sounds like you will need talk to the managed package provider if you want to change one of their managed fields to a master-detail.  If you simply want to add a new master-detail relationship seperate from any of the managed fields, you should be able to do that.