function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Marion.ax518Marion.ax518 

Menu tabs, as shown in IDEAS

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this question.... I'm new and learning SalesForce, but suspect I should be using Force since I am mostly creating my own objects.

At any rate, from wandering around to learn about the SF applications, I notice that the layout of the IDEAS app is very different from the others. Instead of each related record being in a stacked section, I see that each related object is available via menu tab.

How do I create that in my own objects?

tia

MATTYBMEMATTYBME

Ideas is built using Salesforces development platform VisualForce and Apex. It will look a lot different to the Standard and Custom Object look and feel.

If you want to get something similar to Ideas for the Objects you are building you will have to learn VisualForce and Apex.

There is a sample of displaying related lists (what you refer to as sections) in a tabular format in the VisualForce developer guide. The code looks something like this:

<apex:page standardController="Account" showHeader="true" tabStyle="account" > <style> .activeTab {background-color: #236FBD; color:white; background-image:none} .inactiveTab { background-color: lightgrey; color:black; background-image:none} </style> <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="tabdetails" id="AccountTabPanel" tabClass='activeTab' inactiveTabClass='inactiveTab'> <apex:tab label="Details" name="AccDetails" id="tabdetails"> <apex:detail relatedList="false" title="true"/> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Contacts" name="Contacts" id="tabContact"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="contacts" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Opportunities" name="Opportunities" id="tabOpp"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="opportunities" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Open Activities" name="OpenActivities" id="tabOpenAct"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="OpenActivities" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Notes and Attachments" name="NotesAndAttachments" id="tabNoteAtt"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="NotesAndAttachments" /> </apex:tab> </apex:tabPanel> </apex:page>

Take a look the developer guide

Marion.ax518Marion.ax518
Thanks MattByBe