function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mr.sollismr.sollis 

Question on Scale

Hello All,  

I've been trying to get this information from some internal contacts at salesforce with not much success, hoping the community can help or at least share your experience with me if it is related.

We are in the process of scoping a project to consolidate and centralize our large customer/prospect database to one location.  My preference is to do this in SFDC because of the ease of access to the data and governance surrounding the data (among other reasons)... although i'm not sure it will be prudent from a cost and scale prospective.

Now I assume that because SFDC is founded on oracle, that scale will likely not be an issue (please correct me if I am wrong), however, there may be performance implications both with the UI and API without proper indexing and maintenance.

The scale I am looking to support now and in the future will be 150mm records across leads / contacts and 500k-1mm accounts, logging campaign history and activity for all of those records.

Assuming we are on unlimited edition, what implications should we consider?

dkadordkador

That's certainly doable, although you're correct in your assumption that you should be proactive about work you can do to increase performance (such as indexes).  You'll also need to be sure that the limits you have are high enough to deal with the size of data you're talking about.

Have you spoken to your sales rep about this?