function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Here-n-nowHere-n-now 

Deploy added values to a standard picklist on a standard object ... by IDE?

Basically I just need to add a few values to Type in Opportunity.  I'm not seeing the option to retrieve standard fields on standard objects when creating a project in Eclipse.  It only allows selecting custom fields.  Is that doable in IDE?  I could retrieve it by the standalone Ant tool.

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

What do you actually intend to do?

1. Add few picklist values to the field type in opportuniyu, you could very well the salesforce setup interface.

2. You want the object too to be checked out in ecllipse? for that I think you need to choose the metadata option wherein on selection of this option you will provided with all the list of components of salesforce org and you can choose all you want to be checked out.

Addition if you just want to look at the data and object , you can use the saleforce schema which gets checked out for project you create in ecllipse.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

Here-n-nowHere-n-now

Yes I can add values from the Web UI just fine.  What I'm trying to do is to see if I can deploy the change (say from a sandbox to a production) using the IDE.  To do that you'd need to download individual component's metadata - I don't want to have to deploy the complete metadata for the whole org.  I just can't seem to do that with the IDE.  I can select custom fields, but not standard fields (like Type on Opportunity).

I can do it with Force.com Migration Tool (basically command-line Ant).  Just trying to see if it's possible with Eclipse GUI, which may be easier for other people to do.