function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chafnanchafnan 

System Administrator Profile Denied Creating Campaigns

Can anyone explain to me why a system administrator cannot create a campaign?

When I look at the "Standard Object Permissions" section of the system administrator profile for campaigns.  All the permission boxes are checked.  

So this is cause the following error when I try creating a campaign through the API:

Status Code: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY

Thanks in advance for the help!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
chafnanchafnan

I'm not sure too much what happened.  I decided just to do a copy of the production to the sandbox again and it fixed the issue.  My best guess is that the campaigns where not activated correctly in the sandbox.

Senthil, Thanks for the suggestion.

All Answers

chafnanchafnan

Doing some more testing and this looks like an issue in  the sandbox.   When using the production account everything is fine.

Anyone know how to fix this for the sandbox?

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

Is Marketing User checkbox true in your sandbox admin user account??

Thanks,

Senthil

chafnanchafnan

I'm not sure too much what happened.  I decided just to do a copy of the production to the sandbox again and it fixed the issue.  My best guess is that the campaigns where not activated correctly in the sandbox.

Senthil, Thanks for the suggestion.

This was selected as the best answer
Hendrik VerbeekHendrik Verbeek
Appreciate that I'm coming late to the party,

I can confirm that this is definitely due to the missing "Marketing User" checkbox on the user like EIE50 suggested.

We had the same problem for our Admin user to create new Campaigns via the API on Prod while on Dev/UAT it worked perfectly. Turned out that on Production, the user didn't have the "Marketing User" box ticked.

User-added image