function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BellaBella 

Lead Conversion - Owner Assignment

Hi, I have a weird thing going on and I'm trying to see if my theory is plausible. I'm working in an environment where, for some reason, the account, contact, and opportunity created by lead conversion is always assigned to the person doing the converting rather than the lead owner. None of my other environemts do that, which makes me think there's something else going on.

There's a lot of other code - not writen by me - that works on lead conversion. I've done my best t trace it, and some of it has to do with owner assignment, but nowhere does it say "Take current user and assign to lead, account, contact, or opportunity". I am wondering, however, if it's possible that the code searches for someone to assign upon lead conversion, then, not having found anyone, assigns the current user by default.

Can anyone think of any setting, any default, that would do that? I'm a little at a loss here...

VK86VK86

Hi Bella,

I see that you want to have the same owner across Account/Contact/Opportunity when a Lead is converted.

SF doesn't allow this by default. We have to use Apex trigger to achieve this.

Thanks,

Vinay

BellaBella

Hi Vinay,

That's not so. I have several other environemnts I'm working on. None of them have any lead conversion related triggers. In all of them, by defauly, the owner of the created Account/Contact/Opportunity is always the lead owner, not the person doing the conversion. It's just this one environment where that keeps happeneing.

Thanks,

Bella