function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jadentifyjadentify 

API Token and AJAX Toolkit

Can i use the API token which allows you to use the API for the professional version with the AJAX toolkit so the app can use ajax in professional editions?

If so where i can find examples & code as can't find anything in the AJAX Toolkit documentation.

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jadentifyjadentify

Apparently the token cannot be used by the AJAX Toolkit. So the AJAX Toolkit cannot be used in Professional versions (lame)

All Answers

jadentifyjadentify

Apparently the token cannot be used by the AJAX Toolkit. So the AJAX Toolkit cannot be used in Professional versions (lame)

This was selected as the best answer
dkadordkador

What token are you talking about?  If you want to set a client id, do:

sforce.connection.client = "myclient";

jadentifyjadentify

The AJAX Toolkit is a wrapper around the API. In orgs such as Professional the API is disabled so you cannot use the AJAX Toolkit.

You can get an API Token if your app has passed the security review so you can access the API. But you cannot use this token with the AJAX Toolkit. So it appears there is no way to build an app even if security reviewed and aloha that can be built for professional which uses the AJAX Toolkit.

SuperfellSuperfell

As Dan mentioned, the Ajax toolkit does support setting the clientId.

jadentifyjadentify

Simon - do you know if there is anyway to use the AJAX toolkit to build an Security Reviewed Aloha App that will run in professional?

It just seems odd that SFDC that there appears no way for a security review passed & aloha app to use the AJAX toolkit for Professional editions. We have functionality in our app that requires the toolkit because visualforce ajax cannot handle it. but it limits the distribution of the app.

since visualforce pages for exception limit apps run in their own namespace including a subdomain like <namespace>.na0.visual.force.com it seem like SFDC could easily verify that the ajax request should be allowed access. Is there anyway to make this happen?

Mitesh SuraMitesh Sura

I am in the same boat. First I released the app with apex web services which worked fine with Partner PE org, but it won't work on actual PE orgs. 

After some digging, I found PE orgs cannot call WS. Fair enough, I chnage the code to call a VF page, and do some AJAX in JavaScript button, now I hear even that is not supported for PE org! 

Why would Salesforce not allow AppExchange apps to make such calls? Do they not want us to help them in building apps ???????

regards

ISVforce Partner