function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Haystack CertifiedHaystack Certified 

Where to find Eclipse Plugin and/or API Limits

I was using Eclipse and downloading the entire org when I received this message:

LIMIT EXCEEDED: The retrieved zip file exceeded the limit of 419430400 bytes.

I also read somewhere there was also a limit on the number of files or objects or something like that.

Where can I find documentation on this type of limit?  I need reference materials for my project documentation as well as workarounds (hopefully).

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 

Upon closer inspection, the Documents were included in my download.  Removing them did the trick.  Wouldn't think the Documents themselves would be meta-data, but I guess they are.

I also found the documentation buried in the meta-data API documentation.  "The Metadata API can deploy up to 50 MB, and retrieve up to 2500 files or 400 MB at one time (Metadata API Developer’s Guide, Working with the ZIP file)"

Thanks.

All Answers

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

From your post it is not clear which limit was breached?

Was it the salesforce limit of data storage or other limits imposed by salesforce? If that is the case then you will get the documentation on salesforce site , if you need more customized and specific help you can create a case with salesforce support.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

dkadordkador

The limit you're hitting is related to the size of a response from the metadata API.

What are you trying to retrieve?  400+ megs is... a lot.

Upon closer inspection, the Documents were included in my download.  Removing them did the trick.  Wouldn't think the Documents themselves would be meta-data, but I guess they are.

I also found the documentation buried in the meta-data API documentation.  "The Metadata API can deploy up to 50 MB, and retrieve up to 2500 files or 400 MB at one time (Metadata API Developer’s Guide, Working with the ZIP file)"

Thanks.

This was selected as the best answer