function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfuser2010sfuser2010 

Adding custom object fields to home page components

I wanted to added certain fields to my homepage like the standard home page components (my tasks, calendar, approvals, etc).  

Is there any way to do this without having to write it yourself?  If not, how would I go about doing this? 

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Fields can be added only to objects. Do you want to display some object's fields on the homepage?

If that is the case the best way of going about it , is to create a custom VF page having the desired fields and adding the page as a links to your home page.

Home page is a landing page wherein you can add components , add links, etc , ideally it is not the place or an object where you can add fields but if your intent is to show some information related to the home page , then you can have a custom page with the required fields and show them as mentioned above via a custom vf page. The next step would be to add this page as a link to your home page.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't  work, or if so, please mark it solved.

sfuser2010sfuser2010

Is there a way to add information from those custom objects to appear on the homepage just like how "Tasks" & "Items to Approve" appear instead of a link to a vf page?  The reason is that there are status fields within those custom objects that I would like to display right on the homepage so that the user sees first thing they log on.  

b-Forceb-Force

yap, It is possible,

But It requires some custom coding over there,

Create a home page comnponent as HTML content

In that html component load your VF Page in some Iframe,

then include this component on Home Page component

complete all functionality inside VF controller .

Hope this will help you,

Thanks,

Bala