function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LaurentDelLaurentDel 

Salesforce and Continuous integration

Hi everyone,

We are trying to set up Hudson in integration with Salesforce but we had some troubles around the fact that APEX is not Java. Anyone who could answer any of these questions would be of a high help:

- Are you aware of any work around this?

- What is the best Continuous integration for Salesforce (Hudson, Continuum, Cruise control ect...)?

- Is there any plugin especially for Salesforce?

- Any other way of controlling quality in Salesforce code? (reports, automatic emails, batch analyzis ect...) We would be thankful for any information around quality control and Salesforce.

Cheers,

Laurent

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

I am not sure I understood all points mentioned in your post , but would answer to the part I understood.

In your point three you are asking about any parameter for ensuring quality of salesforce code.

Sa;lesforce has many best practise guides in all its documentation, you can make use of them.

Besides salesforce also provides an online tool which not only discovers and reports potential security threat in an org code but also tell us about presence of any sub-standard code.

The following is the link for that:-

http://security.force.com/sourcescanner

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

stalbertstalbert

I've got the same issue.

Did you ever find a plugin for Hudson/Jenkins?

Even if a hudson-specific plugin isn't available, I'd be fine with a standalone test runner for executing all tests in my salesforce environment.

The best practices we're trying to put in place for our dev team is (i.e part of continuous integration):

1. Developer creates code in Force.com IDE, initial tests pass from that environment

2. Code is checked into local source control by developer.

3. after checkin, an automated process will run (usually a broader selection than step 1) of tests ensuring that everything still passes.

There may be a step "2a" whereby the latest changes are deployed to some integration sandbox, but let's start with the simple case where step 3 is run against the same environment the developer used.

RAMESH GRAMESH G

RABIT.Force is the best option for continous Integration on Salesforce . It is a product offering from Lemtom specifially for salesforce platform . Its the salesforce edition of their core RABIT framework . RABIT stands for Rapid Automated Build Install Test Framework.

RABIT.Force has some real value added features for salesforce applcation development teams.

1. Support Apex 

2. Code-Checkins into Version Control Systems

3. Automated build and deployment of Salesforce Applications [ MetaData as well as actual application code ]

4. 1-click promotion of Succesful builds to  multiple sandboxes

5. A generic Data loader

6. In-built support for test automation for Apex , Salesforce and other test frameworks.

7. Code-Coverage reports sent via mail.

You can have a demo scheduled for free for your team members . There is a free trial version as well to use and see if it works For more details - contact admin@lemtom.com

Ted Husted NUTed Husted NU
Continuous integration/delivery is a recurring topic at Dreamforce.

See this Developerforce articles for a roundup on the how-tos -- http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Continuous_Integration_How-To