function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TenaTena 

multiple case close templates

There is already a case close template in place.  It doesn't work for what I need becasue it has a special link in it that doesn't apply to all cases.  Is there a way for me to send out a different e-mail?

Thanks,

Tena

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

You can probably have workflow rules which other than checking the case status field which is recently changed to "closed" you can also add other condition to your workflows and you can have multiple of the them and in the workflow action select an appropriate template for each workflow.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

TenaTena

I do think it will work for sending out different e-mails. 

However since currently in our system the case settings have been setup and there is a checkbox that appears in the Optional area when closing a case that says “Notify contact on case close ”.  If the user checks the box then a “closure” e-mail will go out, which is completely incorrect for what I need.  Is there a way to make sure that email doesn’t get sent but the people that need the closure e-mail checkbox can still use it?  Otherwise I have to train people not to check those boxes and hope for the best.

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

The checkbox in the case settings is global in nature and the best option out would be to train the users to use as per their requirement, but alternatively you can switch off this option and set your own rules via workflows , which checks another field where a user indicate email alert wanted if that field is true , email alert goes out.

Hope this helps.