function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
devvydevvy 

are user ids unique across all salesforce.com prod orgs?

Hi,

are user ids unique across all salesforce.com prod orgs (with the exception of full sandbox copies)?

For example, if a new user is created in a sandbox, is the id of the new user unique across all users in salesforce.com production orgs?

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
*werewolf**werewolf*

2) create a new user in production
The new user record will have a salesforce id e.g. 00560000001MCCx
Is this id unique across all salesforce orgs (production and sandbox) for all salesforce.com customers?

Yes unless you refresh your sandbox, then your own prod and sandboxes will have this ID.

3) create a new user in sandbox
The new user record will have a salesforce id e.g. 00560000001OCCx
Is this id unique across all salesforce orgs (production and sandbox) for all salesforce.com customers?

Yes.

All Answers

*werewolf**werewolf*

When you say "user id," do you mean the username as in email@company.com?  Or do you mean literally the ID, the primary key of the user record, like 00530000000elgt?

The former, usernames, can be reused across different customer and partner portals, so they're not really unique.  The IDs are globally unique though, even between sandbox and production instances afaik.

FromCRMWonderlandFromCRMWonderland
When sandbox is refreshed from production. All Ids ( including User Ids - 18 digit primary key) remains same. -- alok
devvydevvy

I am referring to user id, like 00530000000elgt

There are three scenarios I'm considering:

1) sandbox refresh
After a sandbox is refreshed, the user ids are identicial to the source production org

*werewolf**werewolf*

Yes unless you refresh your sandbox, then your own prod and sandboxes will have this ID.

Yes.

This was selected as the best answer
KPGUPTAKPGUPTA

if i refreshed my sandbox den my user di will be same r not? if not den frm ver i vl find new 1 ????